Saturday, January 30, 2010

Customizing Blogger templates: Part 3

Note of caution, backup your blog before editing HTML.
Ok now for the fun part, go to your Blogs layout tab and select edit html.

















Next scroll down the code and find the id you wish to look at. In my case I wanted to change the width of the sidebar, which was 30%.

Things to remember if you change the width setting to 20% from 30%, you will also need to change the main section from 70% to 80%.
Once any change is made save it have a quick look if you don’t like it change it back.
The semi colon at the end of each line is important do not leave it out.
 
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and have found it useful. Though at this stage very basic, if I find a demand for it I will do some more in depth tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment